Use this website to quickly find the most important information about Los Angeles Airport - LAX: Flights (Departures, Arrivals), Parking, Car Rentals, Hotels near the airport and other information about LAX airport. Plan your travel to Los Angeles Airport Airport with the information provided in this site.
Los Angeles Airport (IATA: LAX, ICAO: KLAX), also known as LAX Airport is the main international airport serving the Greater Los Angeles Area and also the state of California. The airport is located in the southwestern Los Angeles, 12 miles from Downtown Los Angeles.
LAX serves as a hub for American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Virgin America and United Airlines. It also serves as a focus city for Air New Zealand, Qantas, Allegiant Air, Volaris, Spirit Airlines and Southwest Airlines.
Los Angeles airport has 9 passenger terminals:
- Tom Bradley International Terminal (Terminal B)
- Terminals 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
They are arranged in the shape of the horseshoe.
- Terminal 1: is exclusively used by Southwest Airlines.
- Terminal 5: is exclusively used by Delta Airlines.
The other terminals operate with more than one airline. Every Terminal has a direct connection with the parking building except terminal 8 and Tom Bradley International Terminal.
Between terminals 6, 7 and 8 there is a Terminal Connector.
At Los Angeles airport there are lots of restaurants, bars and cafés spread through the terminals and the different airport areas. Shops and boutiques are spread through the airport as well with known international brands and retails.
To rent a car is one of the best options of transportation in Los Angeles.Check the different options here!
- Shuttle bus: terminals 4, 5, 6 7 and 8 are connected airside through an underground tunnel between Terminals 4, 5 and 6 and above-ground walkways between Terminals 6, 7 and 8. An airside shuttle bus operates among Terminals 4, 6 and the American Eagle Remote terminal. It is also available the transportation to/from LAX Parking Lot C (C Route). Shuttle service is also provided to/from the Metro Rail Green Line - Aviation Station (G Route).
- Hotel & Parking Lot Shuttles: please, contact with your hotel.
- Public Transportation: Metro Green Line Aviation Station offers free shuttle service. To pick it up go on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal, and board the "G" Shuttle. "C" shuttle is also available to get to the Metro Bus Center.
From there, passengers can board city buses serving Los Angeles area.
Other public companies provide transportation from LAX airport. Check here the transportation page.
- Bus: Go to different destinations of Los Angeles and vicinities.
Location: on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. They are signalised as “FlyAway, Buses & Long Distance Vans”. There are different companies and routes.
- Taxis: Yellow company provide service. Taxis wait on the curbside on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal.
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is the fifth busiest airport in the world and second busiest in the United States, offering 692 daily flights to 85 domestic cities and 928 weekly nonstop flights to 67 cities in 34 countries on 59 passenger air carriers.
Address: 1 World Way, Los Angeles, CA 90045, United States
Phone: +1 855-463-5252
Emergency: (310) 646 – 7911
Police phone for insurance purposes: (424) 646-6100 / (424) 646- LOST (5678).
Hours: 8am to 5pm from Monday to Friday. Closed during most holidays and festivities.
Offices located at LAX Airport Police Lost & Found, 5600 W. Century Blvd., Suite 119, Los Angeles, CA 90045.
Phone: (310) 242-9073.